25 July 2007

Empathy Sucks!!

I am getting frustrated by my empathy while at the same time I am thankful for it. There was a time, not too long ago, that i decided feelings were all worthless and just got the way of the truth. I didn't know what that truth was, but I was sure that they just got in the way. Unfortunatly, this meant all people we unimportant because any relationships involved feelings, and that was counterproductive. I am pretty sure that my interest in Physics was fueled by this belief. Thankfully God continued to seek me as a ran from him yelling over my shoulder to leave my alone.

I understand now that truth (and life) can only exist in relationships that deal with feelings. I wish that instead of being able to understand the connections between people's feelings and the actions/events in their lives that I could fix some of the broken junk. I wish I could sacrifice some empathy (heck all of it) for some action.

No comments: