09 July 2008

Summer Time

Today we made a great trip to the Montague Farmers market and returned with tastes of summer.I love the way strawberries are sweet but tart. Michigan berries are always so much more flavorful than ones shipped in from far away. I especially love eating the slightly bruised and damaged berries. What is about bruises that bring the best out of things?

I have been given an interesting question to ponder: Would a propeller work in outer space? I think I have an answer, but I need to reconcile the propeller idea with the technology of solar sails.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you making any jam? How about strawberry rhubarb pie? You really should add that to your skill list.

EastMI-WoodChips said...

The real question is - would you hear the noise that the pro would normally make?

Anonymous said...

I don't think a propeller would work. It needs to displace air molecules to work.

What I always wondered... say you were able to fly as fast as you wanted to, at what speed would the cooling effect of air against your skin stop and begin to heat up due to friction?
I have no idea.
-jered